Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Floss Well

Dear No One in Particular,

My last post was such a downer, I feel that I need to blog about something happier -- the cheerier corner of the Internets, if you will.

I just recently discovered my new favourite website: Mental Floss. Apparently, they have/are a successful magazine. I would describe them as the ultimate cocktail party primer -- the sort of thing Bridget Jones would try to memorise before she makes an ass of herself at a function.
The website is chock-full of interesting lists, facts, and quizzes. It's a veritable treasure trove for trivia-freaks like me. The best part? All the articles and items are written in a wonderful, slightly acerbic tone. Trivia sites tend to be dull and dense, making it difficult to slog through the potential goodies. Mental Floss keeps it witty and entertaining. I could spend hours scouring their archives, only coming up for air to share my new-found knowledge with those around me.

To get you started, here are two articles I particularly liked:
Go forth, and floss!

--amanda

No comments: