Thursday, May 15, 2008

Delightfully refreshing!

Dear No One in Particular,

Ever since I found a review on Candy Blog, I've been obsessed with the new Indiana Jones Mint Crisp M&Ms. "Like a Girl Scout Thin Mint" -- who wouldn't love that?
I didn't think I'd be able to find a bag of them here in Hawaii, so I told my mother that all I wanted for my birthday was a bag of these limited edition candies.

Well, they proved to be quite elusive in Northern California as well, and I didn't hear about them for weeks after I first put the tap out to look for these. Finally, the Boy's Fabulous Cousin was able to find them at Target. Of course. The one megastore we don't have here. She promised to send us a couple of bags as well as whatever else struck her fancy in a belated-birthday care package. I heard from my mother a couple days after that, saying that she found them in Walgreens. Apparently, they hit shelves sometime late last week all over California.

I still hadn't seen them around here in Hawaii, so imagine my surprise when I found the medium bags in the good Safeway! Kind of on sale!* We picked up a couple bags and tore into them on the drive home.
And, hoo boy, are they tasty. I don't care much for the normal M&Ms (I can't remember the last time I ate one), but I loved the crispy version and maintain that they should bring them back for the American market. Anyway, the Mint Crisp M&Ms are pretty much like Candy Blog described: the chocolate isn't overly sweet, and coupled with the strength of the mint flavour and the lovely crunch of the M&M makes them delightfully refreshing. I think they're mintier than Thin Mints; they don't have the waxy sweetness of the cookie. The mint is nice and sharp, the chocolate adds a bit of sweet creaminess.

Really, really addictive stuff. If you can find some near you, pick up two bags. You won't regret it.

The Boy wants to freeze a bag** so I'll let you know how good it tastes cold and crispier.

Oh, also! Finals are done! I have one week off, and then I go back to school. No matter, I have a million chick-lit books to keep me company on the beach. I highly doubt I'll be thinking about school.


--amanda




*2 for $7. Not really the cheapest candies, but better than paying the full price.
**He freezes everything. EVERYthing. Like loaves of bread and ears of corn. I wish I was joking.

No comments: