Sunday, April 6, 2008

Death by Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter

Dear No One in Particular,

Have you ever tried Trader Joe's Mini Peanut Butter Cups?

They're little nuggets of crack. Delicious, delicious crack that I'm currently inhaling by the handful. I don't get it -- I don't even like peanut butter cups! Really, I don't even like peanut butter all that much. I'm not all that sure that I like chocolate that much. But there is something about these bite-sized candies that keeps me going to to fridge and digging out handfuls.

I first tried them when I went home for spring break. There's no Trader Joe's in Hawaii, something I am both grateful and infuriated about. Grateful, because if there were, I'd be replenishing my stock of Mini Peanut Butter Cups, Spanikopita, and Orange Sticks every couple of days. Infuriated because health food stores here are pretty awful. At any rate, I had chalked up my infatuation with these bitty confections to a case of the munchies. But when the Boy brought some back to the islands with us, I was assured that this was love. Fattening, chocolaty love.

I highly recommend these candies, unnamed reader. I can't tell you why they are so damn good, but they are. Oh, they are.

--amanda

No comments: