Sunday, April 20, 2008

Brainfart

Dear No One in Particular,

I'm having one of those weekends. I think it's because of school; the semester is almost over, and the stress of taking 18 units is finally getting to me. It's kinda like senioritis, but I'm not graduating. I'm terrified to see what'll happen to my work ethic then. No, I'm just not with it today ... I'm making stupid mistakes because I can't be arsed to focus at all. I should be writing an analytical paper for my Mesoamerican History class, but instead, I'm piddling around the internet. I think I've written more in this blog entry than for the paper.

I've been trying my damnedest to avoid writing. I have to keep fighting back the thought that, since I have almost 100% in the class, I could maybe afford to not write the paper? That's terrible, though, and not at all a valid excuse.

So far, I've taken the longest shower in history, test driving a new hair care system (more on that later), failed at making blondies (but made something pretty tasty, anyway) and bought shoes. These shoes:



They toe the border between pretty and ugly and I love them. I stalked them online a bit before I went to the store to pick them up, but oddly, the local Forever 21 is renovating and maybe closing? No one could tell me if they were going to be closed, or for how long. Sadly, they only had one pair of these fabulous oxford heels in black (they had a ton in the ghastly multi-cream), but they were a size 5. They look ... decent, for a pair of Forever 21 heels. I really wanted something interesting-looking that could stand in for my beloved Bandolino wedge-heel boots (which are disturbingly grody-looking recently), and the oxfords are just too menswear-cool for me not to covet. I was also looking at these (black, natch. Who comes up with some of these colour combinations?!) but, again, they didn't have them in my size at the store. Oddly enough, the Boy LOVED them, but I ended up convincing myself I have no use for them. I have 1 -- maybe 2? -- dresses/outfits I can wear them with, but that's not reason enough for me to buy them.

I really need to write this paper. Why am I writing up a blog entry when I have a major deadline looming?, you may ask. It is, after all, the last major paper of the semester. I have this theory: once I clear my head of all the crap that's slushing around in my brain, I'll have no choice but to focus on my analysis of Mesoamerican Christian proselyting literature. That, and the lack of Top Model marathons should give me impetus to finish the damn thing. Here's hoping.

So, I shall leave you with this news bit: Harry Potter Fan Weeps on Stand During Rowling Suit. Made me simultaneously feel better about myself and scared me into getting on with my life.

--amanda

No comments: