Friday, April 4, 2008

Greetings from Pop Culture's Official Nit-Picker

Hello there, Blogosphere!

(I feel, based on the title of this blog, that each post should begin as though I'm writing a letter. It's a little overly precious, and I have yet to figure out who to "dedicate" my blogs to, so bear with me, blogosphere.)

I had originally written an introductory post back in February, when I first created "Blogs to No One in Particular", but since I've had some time to think about it, and what this blog is meant to be, I deleted it, and am putting this one in its place.

I suffer from far too many thoughts, and far too little time. I created this blog, hoping that if I had a place to brain-dump, I would be able to finally make room for important things, like the Spanish translation for "party pooper" and how Claude Levi-Strauss and Karl Marx are academically related.

Realistically, I probably won't update with much regularity. I would like to, but something tells me that my opinions aren't as important to others as they are to me. (Alright, Amanda, enough with the emo! ;) ) Also: lack of time.
I'll probably be posting movie reviews, popular culture rants, restaurant reviews, photographs of things I find interesting and of food I make, and god-knows-what-else. I've been told that I'm quite funny when I get angry, but I think the humour comes more from watching a short, chubby girl screaming and swearing like a sailor over something as ridiculous as reality television.

I'm hoping to post in the next few days; the Boy and I are planning on seeing Leatherheads this weekend, and I've been looking forward to this film for months now. Total disclosure, though: I've been fighting a nasty cold recently, and when I breathe deeply, my lungs snap crackle and pop like rice crispies. I should probably get that checked out, but I have no health insurance, and should I go to the school clinic, I'll probably die of asphyxiation while waiting for a doctor. No lie, I once waited over an hour for a nurse to come in and perform a 10 minute procedure.

At any rate, this should be entertaining.
My fingers are crossed, how about yours?

-- amanda

No comments: